Residential Roof Replacement
Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems are more than just “roofers” – we’re experienced roofing professionals and we can help you through the process of roof replacement. Whether your roof needs replacement due to storm damage or it’s just plain ugly or worn out, we can make the process comfortable and simple. We are experienced at installing all types of roofs on beautiful homes throughout the Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems area. What this means to you as a consumer is that you are working with a strong company with a solid long term history of installing new high quality roofs at a fair price. Some of our customers have had us replace their roofs several times due to moving, hail damage, storms or wind. Read some of our testimonials from our customers and you’ll see why Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems is a Preferred Roofing Contractor in Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems.
As you begin your research for a roofing contractor, there are several important factors to keep in mind. We want you to be properly prepared and educated before you start. We know that the more you know, the more likely you are to choose Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems for your roofing project.
How to Select a Contractor for Your Protection:
“Over 1.1 Million Complaints and Lawsuits Were Filed Against Contractors Last Year Alone…Up 62%.” The Wall Street Journal
1. General Liability Insurance Certificate – Not “Self-Insured”: You need to know if your contractor carries general liability insurance for both commercial and residential projects. A sizable contractor will carry no less than $500,000…. and usually around $1,000,000 of coverage. Over three-fourths of roofing companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to protect you against losses.
2. Arbitration Statement In Contract: Ask to see the arbitration statement in your contract. If complaints arise, the roofer agrees to settle disputes through binding arbitration. Without this agreement, you have no recourse.
3. Current References: All reputable roofers carry pre-printed lists of references… that includes customers from 1 to 5 years ago, as well as customers from the previous month. Also, ask for suppliers, business references, etc.
4. Association Certificates of Good Standing: Belonging to trade associations implies some quality and ethical integrity on the part of the contractor. Associations like the National Roofing Contractor Association as well as the Better Business Bureau are often referenced.
5. Use Only Major Roofing Manufacturer’s Certified and Authorized companies, like Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems, to install your roof system.
6. Quality Inspection Checklist and Walk through – Ask to review their Quality Inspection Checklist.
We hope this list will give you the knowledge you need to find the best contractor for your roofing project